2.11.2013

Lunching out: Papa Gayo's

I stopped by Papa Gayo's this past Friday.  It was hidden away in a strip center.  the name sounded like a chain to me, but the interior indicated to me that it's locally run.  Traditional colors and a little shop-worn

It was a nice place.  A crowd of regulars, I'd bet, made up the patrons.

Dive?  Close enough

I ordered their mixed fajitas, as I saw no Enchiladas Suizas on the lunch menu

I'm starting to work on a rating system for Mexican restaurants.  Each of the below categories is out of a possible 5

Atmosphere:4 (too much music)
Green Salsa: 4
Red Salsa: 2 (canned tomato taste)
Chips: 4
Rice: 5
Beans (charro): 5
Fajitas: 4

It scored really well.  This is the running a our regular place.  I need to try it again and see if my digestive troubles were caused by this meal.  We also need to try it and see how their margaritas are.



Papa Gayo's on Urbanspoon

0 comments: